10 Questions to Ask
Here are 10 questions you should ask before joining a new church:
- What is the detailed vision of the new church? (in writing…Habakkuk 2:2)
- How does this “vision” affect your life and personal vision? (God directs each believer through the local church for shepherding and guidance in the affairs of life – Jeremiah 3:15; Proverbs 27:17)
- What does the new church have in the way of ministry for the entire family?
- What has God said directly to your heart as it relates to your role within this new assignment? (By what scriptural proof do you KNOW this was God speaking to you?)
- What is the proof or evidence that this new church has a divine assignment?
- What is the means through which support will come into the new church for continued and consistent meeting, growth and expansion?
- What degree of accountability will this new church provide for the use of my financial support? (Inasmuch as this new church has no history of credibility, how will this be established?)
- What is the atmosphere of the new ministry going to be? (Casual dress attire, chairs vs. pews, duration of services, meeting times – how often during the week?)
- How will this new ministry incorporate its new members? (New members training or some other method of ensuring the members have the same mind regarding the direction of the ministry?)
- With whom is the ministry connected? (What other ministers or ministries? Proverbs 11:14; II Corinthians 13:1)